The Certified Risk Managers (CRM) designation demonstrates that you are knowledgeable in all areas of managing risks, hazards, and exposures.
Available in the classroom and online, the courses provide you with an in-depth knowledge about today’s highest priorities – identifying, analyzing, controlling, financing, and administering operational risks – as well as political risks, catastrophic loss exposures, third-party exposures, fiduciary exposures, employee injury exposures, juridical risks, legal risks, and more – whether insurable or not. The skills you learn will make you more proactive and valuable to your organization in discovering how risks can interrupt the flow of earnings and how to protect against it.
The five CRM courses are:
- Principles of Risk Management
- Analysis of Risk
- Control of Risk
- Financing of Risk
- Practice of Risk Management
Each course is 2-½ days of instruction, followed by an optional exam. Any eligible individual may attend classes without taking the examinations or working toward the designation.
The CRM Program meets the rigorous standards for the Texas Risk Manager's License. As an amendment to Senate Bill 876, Certified Risk Manager designees are exempt from examination for the Texas Risk Manager's License.
CRM courses cover all areas of risk management and feature:
- Highly experienced instructors, skilled at making the most sophisticated subjects interesting and directly applicable.
- Curricula developed by leading risk management practitioners and recognized as the most practical in the industry.
- Curricula advisory committees made up of risk management professionals and educators, who regularly review the course content to ensure the CRM Program’s ongoing integrity and practicality.
To Earn the Designation, You Must:
Take all five CRM courses and pass all five CRM exams within five calendar years after you complete your first CRM exam.
Reading Guide- Prepping for Class
If your organization is sending a number of people to outside training, you can achieve considerable savings by bringing training in-house. Volume discounts are also available for online courses! For details, send us a message through the Contact Us link.