Food Safety Manager Principles Course & ANSI-CFP Certification Exam
The Learn2Serve Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
This course serves as a study guide for all those who are preparing for certification as a Food Safety Manager. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help you to better understand how handling food correctly is not only the law, but it improves safety and lowers cost as well.
Food establishments generally employ a food safety manager that requires certification. These establishments include: bars, restaurants, mobile caterers and food trucks, assisted-living and prison facilities, and day care centers. A Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) is a certification that is obtained by the owner or employee of food facilities that prepare, handle, or serve non-prepackaged potentially hazardous food. The Certified Food Manager (CFM) Training Program accredits and certifies candidates new to the food industry who may need training
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course will give you the proper food safety training to help you prepare for the nationally accredited certification exam of the ANSI-CFP (American National Standard Institute – Conference for Food Protection). The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
Course Hours: 8 Hours
Exam Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Food Safety Management Principles Course (English) – $85.00
- Food Safety Management Principles Course (Spanish) – $85.00
- Food Protection Manager Certification (ANSI-CFP) Exam – $55.00
- Special: Food Safety Management Principles Course with ANSI Exam – $125.00
Food Safety Manager Principles Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Develop a better understanding of food safety, its importance, and those who enforce it.
- Describe the types of food-borne illness and causes.
- Discuss the types of biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Define temperature control.
- Recognize the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Identify cleaning, sanitation, and facility design.
Food Safety Manager Principles Course Outline
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
- Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
- Lesson 3: Contaminants
- Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
- Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
- Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
- Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 8: Pest Control
- Lesson 9: Facility Design
- Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
- Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
- Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
- Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
- Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
The Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification (CFPM) Exam is approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). The intent of this examination is to certify that each food manager has demonstrated by means of a food safety certification examination to a certifying organization that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from food borne illness.
This accredited exam is accepted in most states and jurisdictions* that have mandatory certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The final exam must be passed with a 70% or higher to get credit for completion of this course.
The Exam must be proctored by an employee at the 3rd party test center location.
*This exam is not accepted in Connecticut and Philadelphia, Wyoming.
Help with Exam
- Before the Exam: To login to the exam you will need the username and password sent to you in the exam enrollment notice email. If you did not receive your username and password contact Customer Support at 855-796-3525. IMPORTANT: You must have your Username and Password available when you arrive to take the exam.
- End of Course/Exam Instructions: Your Official Certificate will be mailed within 15 business days of completing the exam, however, a printable Proof of Completion document is available via the LMS once you complete and pass the final exam. (400K- PDF) – Download