Pharmacist Certification

June 2, 2015
How to Become a Certified HIV

How can I get a reissued copy of my Certificate of Achievement?
If you lost your Certificate of Achievement and would like to request a reprint, you may download this form and follow the mailing instructions at the top. There is a $25.00 administrative fee for reprints of certificates that date back more than a year from today’s date.


What is a licensed partner?
A license partner is typically an association, university, or community chain pharmacy that has licensed the use of a certificate training program from APhA for purposes of training their own audiences. The content for such licensed programs is provided and maintained by APhA, while the program offerings are administered and delivered by the license partner. APhA provides training to license partner faculty.

How can I become a licensed partner?
To become a license partner, organizations typically must commit to training at least 50 pharmacists or pharmacy students per year and must agree to maintain a panel of trained faculty. For more information on becoming a license partner, e-mail Be sure to include your full contact information and affiliation.

CPR and the Immunization Program

Why do I need to have proof of CPR or BCLS certification before I begin immunizing?
The Certificate of Achievement from the American Pharmacists Association’s Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery certificate training program states that immunizers should maintain and have accessible proof of current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS). This aligns with existing immunization guidelines, policies and procedures for immunization practices throughout the healthcare system.

What type of CPR is acceptable?
Every immunizing pharmacist should take and maintain a CPR or BCLS certification. The specifics surrounding which type of certification you need depends on your employer and/or your state requirements. Some require only training at the basic level while others require training at the Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers level. Depending on the age of the patients you plan on immunizing, you may need an infant or children CPR class. Some states or employers may accept an online course if it’s for CPR recertification. Before administering immunizations, it is the responsibility of immunizers to check the specific regulations of their state board of pharmacy and that of their employer (if applicable). Information about the most commonly available classes may be found by visiting or

Do I have to be certified in CPR or BCLS before I participate in APhA’s certificate training program?
It is not a requirement of the American Pharmacists Association that a participant obtain CPR or BCLS certification prior to participating in the certificate training program but program participants should first check with the policies and procedures of their employer or school to ensure they are meeting proper requirements. Check with your state laws and regulations regarding any requirements related to CPR or BCLS certification prior to administering vaccines.

BPS Board Certified Pharmacists as Integral Members of the
BPS Board Certified Pharmacists as Integral Members of the ...
Why Employers Benefit from BPS Board Certified Pharmacists
Why Employers Benefit from BPS Board Certified Pharmacists
The Role of a BPS Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
The Role of a BPS Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist
Share this Post