FFC has teamed up with the American Council on Exercise (ACE) to provide a 32-hour Personal Trainer Program. Based on the ACE Personal Trainer Manual, this course hosted by FFC and will help participants master the necessary information and theories of exercise science for personal training and prepare participants for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification exam. Many organizations require a NCCA-accredited fitness certification like ACE for job placement or to be completed within a set time period after employment. Add to your credibility and marketability today!
This course presents a comprehensive system for designing individualized programs based on each client’s unique health, fitness, and goals. The information covered by this course will help students learn how to facilitate rapport, adherence, self-efficacy and behavior change in clients, as well as design programs that help clients to improve posture, movement, flexibility, balance, core function, cardio-respiratory fitness, and muscular endurance and strength.
Key topic areas include:
- Human Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Applied Kinesiology, and Nutrition
- Principles of Adherence, Motivation, Behavior Change, and Health Psychology
- Communication and Teaching Techniques
- ACE Integrated Fitness Training (ACE IFT) Model
- Building Rapport
- Health and Exercise History Information Assessment
- Functional Training: Assessments, Programming, and Progressions for Posture, Movement, Core, Balance, and Flexibility
- Physiological Assessments
- Resistance Training: Programming and Progressions
- Cardio-respiratory Training: Programming and Progressions
- Professional and Legal Responsibilities, Scope of Practice, and Business Strategies for Personal Trainers