View larger image
Certification in the medical-surgical nursing specialty shows that you have taken the extra step to validate your knowledge and skills. Take the time to show your colleagues and patients your commitment to excellence in medical-surgical nursing practice.
You can earn your Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN®) credential through our affiliated certifying board, the Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB).
Benefits of Becoming Certified:
- Promotion of quality patient care
- Evaluation of the standards of medical-surgical nursing practice
- Documentation of this specialized knowledge base
- Peer recognition
- Increased self esteem and satisfaction
- Advocacy for the specialty of medical-surgical nursing
There is a Difference!
Academy Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) only endorses the Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN®) credential which recognizes that the highest standards of medical-surgical nursing practice have been achieved.
You can become CMSRN certified by successfully completing the exam.